I have been thinking and thinking AND thinking about this one and then decided….Why Not!! And tatdaaaaaaa, it worked and these cookies are delicious. Very easy to make and it has become a weekly bake in our home now 🙂
Makes: +- 25 Cookies
2 tubes of Rolo (2x52g) – Must be refrigerated for at least 1 hour before baking
140g unsalted Butter, room temperature
200g light Brown Sugar
200g Castor Sugar
2 large Eggs
5ml Vanilla Extract
350g All Purpose Flour
5ml Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Whisk butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
3. Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla extract together.
4. Add the eggs mixture to the butter mixture and blend well.
5. Sieve cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt together.
6. Add the flour mixture, little by little, to the egg and butter mixture and blend until well incorporated.
7. Using a dessert spoon, spoon enough cookie dough into your hand to cover a Rolo completely, when rolled into a little ball. Continue until all the dough is used.
8. Place the little balls on a baking sheet, about 2cm apart to allow for spreading in the oven. (Placing the cookies on greaseproof paper will make it easier to remove from the baking sheet once cooled)
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
10. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
11. Let cool completely and dust with a little icing sugar.
12. Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Surprisingly it makes a real yummy pudding. One left in the tin and some left over whipped cream? Mmmmmmmmmm!!!