This is my Go-To-Recipe. The cake I make all year through, for any occasion and it never, never disappoints. I am sure you will add this bake to your Favourites too 😉
Makes: 1 Big cake (23cm)
Pre-heat oven: 180˚C
Ingredients for Cake:
310ml Light Brown Sugar
375ml All Purpose Flour
7ml Baking Powder
3ml Bicarbonate of Soda
10ml Ground Cinnamon
5ml Ground Ginger
3 Extra Big Eggs
625ml finely Grated Carrot
125ml Chopped Pecan nuts (optional)
Method for Cake:
1. Whisk oil and sugar together.
2. Sieve all the dry ingredients together.
3. Add the dry and wet ingredients together with the 3 eggs and mix well.
4. Add the carrot and pecan nuts and mix again until well combined.
5. Spoon into well oiled and lined 23cm loose bottom cake tin.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes.Test by sticking aCake tester/toothpick into the middle of the
cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
7. Take out of oven and let cool down slightly before removing from pan.
8. Take out of tin and let cool completely before decorating.
Ingredients for Cream cheese Topping:
50g Soft Butter or Margarine
625ml Icing Sugar
5ml Vanilla essence
100g Cream Cheese
Mix all the ingredients with the soft butter.
Don’t over whisk for the mixture can turn runny.
Decorate cake and sprinkle some nuts over or decorate with a few small sugar carrots 🙂